KeraSoft IC lenses are designed to fit irregular corneas, including keratoconus, post laser refractive surgery, pellucid marginal degeneration, and other complex corneal irregularities. Each KeraSoft IC lens is custom-made for a patient’s exact needs, and KeraSoft IC lenses can offer increased wear time and improved comfort for patients. KeraSoft IC lenses are a patented combination of the latest technologies in silicone hydrogel materials using geometries from complex mathematics to offer comfortable wear and excellent vision.
Bausch + Lomb KeraSoft IC soft contact lenses feature a front surface asphere or aspheric toric design. The patented design offers balanced overall thickness with wavefront aberration control and two sectors of independently modifiable periphery — making it able to conform to the shape of any cornea.
Key Features & Benefits
- Ease of fit - eight lens diagnostic fitting set aids in determining correct lens parameters
- Patented design - front surface asphere or aspheric toric prism ballasted with balanced overall thickness and wavefront aberration control
- Silicone hydrogel - longer wearing comfort
For information on package insert, please contact an authorized laboratory.
| Base curve:
||7.40 mm to 9.40mm (0.20mm steps)
||14.50mm (0.50mm steps)
Diameters of 14.00 mm, 15.00 mm, and 15.50 mm can be manufactured to order
| Lens design:
||Front surface asphere or aspheric toric prism ballasted lens with balanced overall thickness and spherical aberration control
| Periphery options:
||The entire periphery can be steepened or flattened independently of the overall base curve. Additionally, up to two sectors of the periphery can be modified independently of each other
(Sector Management Control or SMC).
Standard, STEEP1, STEEP2, STEEP3, STEEP4, FLAT1, FLAT2, FLAT3, FLAT4
| Power range:
||Sphere: +20.00D to -20.00D
Cylinder: -0.50D to -12.00D
(in 0.25D steps)
Axis: 1° to 180° (in 1° steps)
||Efrofilcon A, 74% Water*
||60 x 10-11 (cm2/sec)[ml02/(ml x mmHg)]
Ease of fit, patented design and comfort
Ease of fit
- A small, eight-lens diagnostic fitting set that aids in determining the correct lens parameters
- Pragmatic fitting procedure that quickly assesses lens fitting options
- Proven troubleshooting procedures for enhanced fitting accuracy
- Front surface asphere or aspheric toric prism ballasted with balanced overall thickness and wavefront aberration control
- When required, peripheries can be steepened or flattened independently of base curve
- Up to two sectors of the periphery can be modified independently with our proprietary Sector Management Control
- Silicone hydrogel — longer wearing comfort
- Provides higher level of oxygen for crisp, clear, comfortable vision
- More oxygen compared to traditional hydrogel lenses
Eye Care Professional Training
Eye care professionals who are interested in KeraSoft IC lenses for their patients should visit www.KeraSofttraining.com to complete the necessary training to enable fitting ofKeraSoft IC lenses. Upon completion of the online training, eye care professionals can contact an authorized laboratory for trial set information and to place KeraSoft IC orders.