Helps maintain 95% of lens moisture
for a full 16 hours1
Innovative lens material designed to meet the demands of digital device users
When using a digital device, patients may blink 66% less on average,1 which could contribute to dehydration
More than 60% of adults spend 5 or more hours on digital devices each day2
73% of individuls in their 20s report symptoms of digital eye strain3
Helps maintain 95% of lens moisture for a full 16 hours1
Proprietary, two-phase manufacturing process retains moisture and delivers a highly wettable surface1
- Combines long- and short-chain monomers to formulte a unique silicone backbone
- Produces a material that delivers a Dk/t of 163 and modulus of 70
- PVP grows around and throughout the silicone backbone
Moisture retention in lens core
High volume of PVP at the core provides
excellent moisture retention
High wettability at lens surface
Tightly compact PVP at the
surface delivers high wettability
9 out of 10 patients agree that Bausch + Lomb ULTRA contact lenses help relieve their eyes from feeling dry and tired after a long day of looking at digital devices4
Bausch + Lomb ULTRA: Excellent Material Properties
†Material released date is initial release of material in US market.
‡Measured water content.
Aspheric Optics Designed to Reduce Spherical Aberration
Spherical aberration in an optical system may reduce visual quality by introducing blur, particularly in low-light environments. Bausch + Lomb ULTRA contact lenses have an aspheric optical design to reduce inherent and induced spherical aberration.
These values represent the amount of residual spherical aberration present (assuming a +0.18 µm population average) after the reduction provided by each lens brand listed.*
*Results from an analysis of -1.00D lenses using Optocraft Shack-Hartmann wavefront sensor.
|Lens material technology:
||163 Dk/t @ center of a -3.00D
|Lens design technology:
||Aspheric optics to reduce inherent and induced spherical aberration
||0.07 mm at -3.00D
||+6.00D to -12.00D in 0.50D steps above -6.00D
||Monthly; Daily wear indication
Bausch + Lomb ULTRA contact lenses: Additional information
There's a Bausch + Lomb ULTRA contact lens for a wide range of patients in your practice.
1. Data on file. Bausch & Lomb Incorporated. Rochester, NY.
2. The Vision Council. Hindsight is 20/20/20: protecting your eyes from digital devices. 2015 Digital Eye Strain Report. thevisioncouncil.org.
3. The Vision Council. Eyes overexposed: the digital device dilemma. 2016 Digital Eye Strain Report. thevisioncouncil.org.
4. Results of an online survey with patients that wore their lenses for 7+ days and on average, wore their lenses for 8 or more hours a day (n=485). Survey questions were top 3-box scores (% Strongly Agree, Agree, Slightly Agree) on a 6-point agreement scale, with a margin of error +/- 2.4%.