FEMTOSECOND TO NONE.
VICTUS, the industry-leading femtosecond laser that provides exceptional performance across cataract and corneal applications takes versatility to a new level. This single laser platform enables surgeons to perform capsulotomies, fragmentation, arcuate incisions, corneal incisions, and LASIK flaps. VICTUS is engineered to meet the standards of the clinician who truly embraces innovation.
The VICTUS Advanced Docking Technology minimizes the possibility of eye tilt or distortion enabling precise alignment designed to maintain the natural shape of the eye.
live-action Swept Source Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), along with an easy-to-use graphic interface, provide high-contrast visual guidance at all times. These systems, together with the VICTUS
Intelligent Pressure Sensors, enable the surgeon to control procedure-optimized downward pressure, with customized settings for corneal and cataract applications.
Key Features & Benefits
- Versatility - Cataract and corneal (LASIK flap) applications on a single platform
- Advanced docking technology designed to reduce the possibility of eye tilt and distortion
- Live-action, high contrast OCT
- Designed to enhance patient comfort with procedure-dependent pressure control.
- Pulse rates up to 160 kHz
Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
Live-action, high-contrast OCT facilitates planning and control of procedures
- Live visualization during the procedure
- Enables image-guided cataract surgery planning
- Cornea and lens scanning for cataract treatments
- Intuitive treatment planning
- Designed to facilitate simple centering and incision adjustment
- Live-action imaging throughout treatment phase
- Designed with precision in mind
Advanced Docking System
The VICTUS Femtosecond Laser Platform features advanced docking technology that minimizes the possibility of eye tilt or distortion. The system provides:
- Two-piece Patient Interface Kit design and Intelligent Pressure Sensors designed for:
- High precision
- Maintaining suction
- Stabilizing the eye
- Patient comfort
- Designed to minimize:
- Posterior corneal folds or ripples
- Posterior capsular rupture
- Conjunctival hemorrhaging
Optimum design for OCT imaging, Optical quality, Arcuate incisions, Corneal incisions, Phacofragmentation, Capsulotomy, and LASIK flap.
2-piece Curved Patient Interface
VICTUS has the unique ability to dock two ways. For cataract applications, VICTUS offers non-contact docking with a thin liquid layer separating the cornea from the Curved Patient Interface. For corneal applications, VICTUS docks with full contact to optimize stability and precision. Dual-Modality Performance enables the surgeon to change modalities during a procedure, selecting “wet to dry, on the fly” as needed. Plus, this interface offers:
- Separate suction clip designed to fit most eye topographies without distorting the cornea
- Precise initiation of suction, designed to minimize the possibility of suction loss
- Easy pupil alignment and tilt adjustment
- Docking monitored by the Intelligent Pressure Sensors
Intelligent Pressure Sensors
The Intelligent Pressure Sensors monitor the pressure between the docking device and the eye when the laser assembly docks. A graphic display shows the symmetrical radial pressure and the graphical user interface shows the vertical pressure. Using this 3-dimensional pressure evaluation, the physician is able to center and stabilize the eye and select the optimal, procedure-specific downward pressure on the cornea.
About Femtosecond Lasers
Femtosecond lasers emit optical pulses of extremely short duration in the domain of femtoseconds, as short as one-quadrillionth of a second. These ultra-short pulses do not transfer heat or shock to the material being cut and can make surgical incisions with extreme precision. The technology was developed in the early 1990s at the University of Michigan Engineering Center. The first commercial platform was introduced in 2002 and the original approval was for flap creation during LASIK surgery. Recent platform approvals have been expanded to include additional corneal/therapeutic procedures and cataract applications.
Indications: The VICTUS Platform is indicated for use in the creation of a corneal flap in patients undergoing LASIK surgery or other treatment requiring initial lamellar resection of the cornea, for anterior capsulotomy during cataract surgery, the creation of cuts / incisions in the cornea in patients undergoing cataract surgery or other ophthalmic treatment requiring cuts / incisions in the cornea, and for laser-assisted lens fragmentation during cataract surgery for nuclear cataracts, not for fragmentation of posterior subcapsular (PSC) and cortical cataracts.
Attention: Please refer to the Directions for Use for complete use instructions and safety