Every year since 1933, Bausch + Lomb honors outstanding high school science students with the Bausch + Lomb Honorary Science Award.
Winners of the award are automatically considered for the Bausch + Lomb Science Scholarship at the University of Rochester.
This program is open to all secondary schools in the United States. To participate, a school needs to complete and submit a nomination form in one of these ways.
- Online through the University of Rochester's high school awards program.
- By fax at (585) 756-8480 or toll free (800) 281-6203;
- By mail to University of Rochester, Awards Office, PO Box 270251, Rochester, NY 14627-0251.
The University mails notification forms to schools in December.
Only current high school juniors may be selected as award winners. Students are chosen based on the following criteria:
- Successful completion of freshman and sophomore year science courses and one semester of a junior-year science course. (If a junior year science course is not offered, a one-year course in mathematics may be submitted.);
- Academic excellence in science;
- Rigor of courses taken in the sciences;
- PSAT Math, SAT Math, and/or ACT Science/Math scores.
Winners of the Honorary Science Award are automatically considered for the Bausch + Lomb Science Scholarship, which provides each qualified student $7,500 per year (totaling $30,000 over four years). Selection for this scholarship is competitive and is based upon the overall strength of the student’s application for admission to the University of Rochester.
Bausch + Lomb Science Scholarships are applicable only at the University of Rochester; they are not transferable to another institution.
Award winners may mail the completed application for admission to the following address, or they may apply online at:
University of Rochester
Office of Admissions
PO Box 270251
Rochester, New York 14627-0251