If you suffer from allergies, your eyes may be bothered too. They may be red, itchy, and watery and your eyes and eyelids may even be inflamed, having an exaggerated reaction to certain airborne substances.
Opcon-A Itching and Redness Reliever Eye Drops combine an antihistamine for itch relief with a redness reliever. Available without a prescription, Opcon-A eye drops temporarily relieve the itching and redness caused by pollen, ragweed, grass, animal hair, and dander. They can be used up to four times a day.
Key Features & Benefits
- Clinically proven to provide effective relief of itchy, red eyes.
- Combination antihistamine and redness reliever formula.
- Available without a prescription.
- For use by adults and children 6 years of age and older.
Naphazoline HCI (0.02675%) - Redness Reliever
Pheniramine maleate (0.315%) – Antihistamine
Benzalkonium chloride, boric acid, edetate disodium, hypromellose, purified water, sodium borate, sodium chloride
- Temporarily relieves itching and redness caused by pollen, ragweed, grass, animal hair and dander.
Do not use:
- if you are sensitive to any ingredient in this product
- if solution changes color or becomes cloudy
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- narrow angle glaucoma
When using this product:
- overuse may cause more eye redness
- pupils may become enlarged temporarily
- do not touch tip of container to any surface to avoid contamination
- you may feel a brief tingling after putting drops in eye
- replace cap after use
- remove contact lenses before using
Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience:
- eye pain
- changes in vision
- redness or irritation of the eye that worsens or lasts more than 72 hours
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Accidental oral ingestion in infants and children may lead to coma and marked reduction in body temperature.
- Adults and children 6 years of age and older: instill 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) up to 4 times daily.
- Children under 6 years: ask a doctor
- store at room temperature 20°-25° C (68°-77F)
- protect from light
- use before expiration date marked on the carton or bottle