ROCHESTER, N.Y. – Bausch & Lomb announces the launch of an exciting campaign to drive consumers into opticians’ stores in celebration of the newest addition to the SofLens® daily disposable family: SofLens® daily disposable Toric for Astigmatism. The Winning Look competition offers consumers the chance to win a modelling contract worth €10,000 to become the ‘New Eyes’ of SofLens® daily disposable in their 2010 European advertising campaign.
Geoff Collins, marketing manager, Bausch & Lomb UK expressed his excitement about this new initiative. ‘With a growing number of contact lens wearers opting for the freedom that comes with daily disposable lenses, The Winning Look campaign provides eye care professionals with a new opportunity to engage with our younger customers in store and discuss the benefits of the SofLens® range.’
The grand prize winner will be selected from the finalists of each European country. The country finalist will receive an HD prize pack including a 42 inch LCD television screen, HD video recorder, HD photo camera. Instant downloadable prizes such as games & wallpapers are also available for anyone participating or voting in the competition. The competition kicks off on the February 28 and the winner will be announced in autumn 2009.
The pan-European search is supported by an on-line advertising campaign on sites such as Yahoo & Facebook, in addition to many in-store materials such as window posters and consumer leaflets. The Winning Look website will help drive consumers into opticians’ stores through an on-line stockist locator.
SofLens® is the first daily disposable lens with advanced aspheric optics designed to deliver excellent vision even in low light situations. The daily disposable lenses also achieve continuous comfort through ComfortMoist™ Technology. The newest product in the daily range, SofLens® daily disposable Toric for Astigmatism combines Bausch & Lomb’s scientific heritage in toric technology with the convenience of a daily disposable lens.
“Bausch & Lomb is thrilled to be launching The Winning Look competition to help encourage consumers to visit their eye care practitioners, whilst raising awareness of the range of SofLens® daily disposable lenses we can offer. The competition offers an unforgettable experience for the winners and provides a valuable platform from which opticians can better engage with their customers,’ comments Esther da Silva, vice president Marketing & Professional Services Vision Care, Europe, Middle East & Africa.
For more information please contact Customer Services on: 0845 602 2350 (UK) or 1800 409 077 (IRL).
# # #
About The Winning Look
Grand European prize: Modelling contract worth €10,000 to be the ‘New Eyes’ of SofLens® daily disposable in 2010. Chosen from regional finalists
Regional prize: Every country finalist will win an HD prize pack consisting of HD video recorder, HD photo camera, 42 inch LCD television screen
Instant prizes: Instant downloadable prizes for anyone participating or voting in the competition, i.e. screen savers & pc games etc.
Timings: 28th February to 31st May 2009
How to enter:
• Entrants visit www.winning-look.com and register to participate. People must register both to vote and/or to upload a photo
• Entrants will receive a login & user name via email after registering; this information can be used to either vote or upload a photo
• Once they upload a photo, they will receive email confirmation that their photo has been accepted into the competition, as well as a web postcard of their photo for them to send to all of their friends and tell them to vote
• Participants can vote as many times as they want for as many winners as they like (restricted to one vote per person per day)
• Participants do not have to purchase any Bausch & Lomb product to participate
• The winner will be announced via a pan-EU media campaign and local media interviews in each European region
• Rules for the Winning Look competition can be found at www.winning-look.com
About SofLens® daily disposable contact lenses
• SofLens® daily disposable contact lenses combine outstanding all-day comfort with crisp, clear vision, especially at night. SofLens® delivers all the benefits of other daily disposable lenses and much more – giving you the ultimate combination of comfort and vision
• SofLens® daily disposable lenses achieve continuous comfort through ComfortMoist™ Technology – our unique lens design and innovative packaging solution. The slow-release packaging solution creates a cushion of moisture around the lenses – keeping your eyes comfortable all day through the end of the day
• SofLens® is the first daily disposable lens with advanced aspheric optics designed to deliver excellent vision even in low light situations
• No daily cleaning, storage, or care required; wear them for a day, then, throw them away
About SofLens® daily disposable Toric for Astigmatism
• SofLens® daily disposable Toric for Astigmatism is a daily disposable lens for patients with astigmatism
• SofLens® daily disposable Toric for Astigmatism is the only daily disposable to use the Lo-Torque™ design, which delivers clear, stable vision and improved visual comfort
• The first daily disposable for astigmatism designed to reduce spherical aberration. The Bausch & Lomb advanced aspheric optical design;
- With an aspheric anterior surface that improves contrast of the retinal image
- Consistently reduces spherical aberration across all lens powers
• SofLens® daily disposable Toric for Astigmatism uses ComfortMoist™ technology providing all-day comfort
About Bausch & Lomb
Bausch & Lomb is the eye health company, dedicated to perfecting vision and enhancing life for consumers and eye health professionals around the world. Its core businesses include soft and rigid gas permeable contact lenses and lens care products, and ophthalmic surgical and pharmaceutical products. The Bausch & Lomb name is one of the best known and most respected healthcare brands in the world. Founded in 1853, the company is headquartered in Rochester, N.Y. More information can be found at www.bausch.com.
© Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
®/™denote trademarks of Bausch & Lomb Incorporated. Other product/brand names are trademarks of their respective owners