Designed to accommodate like a natural Crystalline lens, Crystalens Advanced Optics (AO) is the first and only FDA-approved accommodating IOL. Unlike other IOL’s, Crystalens AO is aberration-free to deliver premium visual quality. Regardless of pupil size, Crystalens AO provides 100% of light rays at all times to ensure that patients not only see, but see better.
Crystalens AO offers unparalleled stability and performance. The vision quality provided actually gets better with time, as patients showed better vision quality seven years after surgery than they did at one year post-op1. Moreover, in designing Crystalens AO, the natural crystalline lens was used as a literal road map rather than an artificial model. Pseudophakic accommodation and evidence of forward movement as the primary mechanism of action of Crystalens have been demonstrated in multiple studies using objective and subjective methods.
Best of all, Crystalens AO is easy to adopt for your practice. Certification is quick and easy, and hands-on customer support is always at the ready. With over 200,000 implants worldwide, patients everywhere are starting to see better with Crystalens AO.
Crystalens AO: Accommodation meets Asphericity
- The Crystalens AO brings together Bausch + Lomb’s innovative accommodating lens technology and its proven aspheric lens design
- This accommodating aspheric IOL is designed to deliver premium vision at all distances without any vision compromise
- Because the Crystalens AO is aberration free, patients can enjoy superior vision quality with enhanced contrast sensitivity
1 Seven-year follow-up data from original AT-45 clinical trial data.
2. Laboratory data on file at Bausch & Lomb Incorporated.
3. Altmann GE, Nichamin LD, Lane SS, Pepose JS, et al. Optical performance of 3 intraocular lens designs in the presence of decentration. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2005;31(3):574-85.