Information We Collect
To provide consumers with products or services that they request from us, we collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”).
Personal Information does not include:
- Information that is lawfully made available from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
We obtain Personal Information from the following categories of sources as further explained below:
- Directly from you. For example, we may collect information you provide in your communications to us, such as when you participate in message boards or forums, respond to polls or surveys, write a review, or contact us with a question, comment, or request.
- Automatically from you. As you navigate through the Sites, information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Indirectly from you. For example, through information we collect in the course of providing services to you and from observing your actions on the Sites.
You may choose not to provide us with your Personal Information. If you choose not to provide us with this information, you may still access and use portions of the Sites. However, you may not be able to use portions of the Sites which require you to provide Personal Information.
Information we collect from you
The categories of information that we may collect directly from you include the following:
- Identifiers, such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and user name;
- Financial, medical, or health information, such as your payment history and any prescriptions or current medical conditions;
- Protected characteristics, such as your gender or date of birth;
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased you have purchased, credit card or bank account information, billing/payment terms, credit limit, or credit status;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing or search history;
- Geolocation data, such as precise location;
- Sensory Information, such as photographs or voice recordings;
- Professional information, such as employer, job title or professional affiliations;
- Education information; and
- Inferences regarding preferences or other characteristics such as consumer preferences for websites.
We may also collect information you provide in your communications to us, such as when you participate in message boards or forums, respond to polls or surveys, write a review, or contact us with a question, comment, or request.
Some of the Personal Information we collect may be considered “sensitive” Personal Information under applicable laws. Bausch + Lomb does not collect sensitive Personal Information about you without first obtaining your consent and uses this information only for the purposes described in this Policy. We do not collect sensitive Personal Information about you from third parties.
Information we automatically collect about you
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit and use our websites and services. We collect this information for our legitimate business purposes and to facilitate your use of our websites and services.
You may be able to limit our ability to automatically collect certain types of information by adjusting the cookie settings on your web browsers. These categories of information include:
- Identifiers, such as unique device identifiers, online identifiers, IP addresses, or other persistent identifiers;
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, or other purchasing or consumption histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, the time, date, and duration of your visit to our websites, your browser type and operating system, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, or other device identifiers;
- Geolocation data, such as precise location; and
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as photographs or voice recordings.
Information we collect from other sources
We collect the following categories of personal information from other sources:
- Identifiers, such as email addresses from marketing vendors.
- Financial, medical, or health information, such as from your healthcare providers;
- Protected characteristics, such as your gender, age, race, or other protected classifications provided by data supplementation services or healthcare providers;
- Commercial information, such as sanction lists or risk assessment efforts.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. We collect information on your browsing history, search history, and other online activity from the advertising networks in which we participate.
- Professional information, such as employer, or job title from references, recruiters, or employment-related services;
- Education information from background check providers (with your consent where required); and
Additionally, we may draw inferences from any of your personal information that we collect to create a profile about you, which may reflect your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
These sources may include:
- Market Research
- Other Bausch + Lomb entities
- Business partners
- Individuals or businesses you direct to share with us
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION
We may use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We use your identifiers to verify your identity when you access your account and to ensure the security of your personal information;
- Operating our websites and services: We process your personal information to provide products, services, and information you request including through our affiliates;
- Improving our websites and services: We analyze information about how you use our services to provide an improved experience for all users;
- Communicating with you: We may use your personal information to communicate updates, promotions, or news about us, including our products, services, or events, through email, direct mail, or otherwise;
- Marketing: We may use your personal information engage in market research or to build a profile about you and place you into particular marketing segments in order to understand your preferences better and to appropriately personalize the marketing messages we send to you. We may also use your identifiers to send you marketing communications about our websites and services and other products or services that may be of interest to you. Some of these marketing activities may be considered targeted advertising under applicable state laws;
- Text Messages: Short message service (SMS) marketing is a method that we may use to send text messages to consumers' mobile devices. By providing your mobile number and opting in, you consent to receive mobile text alerts. By signing up, you are confirming you are over the age of 13. We will send mobile text messages using automated technology. Standard message and data rates may apply. You may cancel or opt out of receiving marketing-related texts by following the unsubscribe instructions included in texts you receive . Data obtained through the SMS programs will not be shared with any third-parties for their own marketing reasons/purposes.
- Exercising our rights: We may use your personal information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or our terms and conditions;
- Complying with our obligations: We may process your personal information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, where this is explicitly required by law, such as in response to court orders, clinical research, drug safety obligations or to comply with privacy or financial regulations;
- Customizing your experience: When you use our services, we may use your personal information to improve your experience, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements and providing you with content based on your interests; and
- Protecting against harm: We may use personal information as necessary to protect the rights and safety of us, you, or others.
We may aggregate or de-identify any information collected about you through your use of our services or otherwise, and we may use that aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose.
Personal Information We Share With Other Parties
We may share certain categories of your Personal Information by disclosing it to our service providers, business partners, or affiliates, or by selling it to third parties. Where you have provided consent, we may also use and disclose your Personal Information as described at the time of consent.
As used in this Policy, the “sale” of personal information refers to sharing your personal information with a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration, subject to certain exceptions under applicable law.
Categories of parties with whom personal information is shared
- Marketing providers: such as e-mail vendors, advertising agencies.
- Government and regulatory agencies: necessary for our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Logistics providers: such as travel agencies to arrange contracted services with the Company.
Information we disclose
In order to achieve our own business purposes, we may disclose your personal information to the following parties:
Tell-A-Friend Features: We may disclose your name and email address to your friend if you use a tell-a-friend feature to send that friend information about Bausch + Lomb products or services.
Service providers and business partners: We engage service providers and business partners to assist us with operating and providing you access to our services. These service providers or business partners may perform marketing services, process secure payments, fulfill orders, optimize services, serve online behavioral advertising, send newsletters and marketing messages, support email and messaging services, and analyze information. Some of our service providers or business partners may engage their own service providers or business partners to further assist us. Unless otherwise specified, these companies will only use your personal information in the ways described in this Policy.
Bausch + Lomb group companies: Bausch + Lomb has affiliates around the world. Our affiliates work closely with each other to provide you access to our websites and services and other Bausch + Lomb products and services from country to country. We may share your personal information among Bausch + Lomb group companies for marketing purposes, security, optimization of products and services, and internal reporting. Unless otherwise specified, the Bausch + Lomb group companies will only use your information in the ways described in this Policy.
Where required by law or regulation: We may share your personal information with law enforcement agencies, courts, other government authorities or other third parties where we believe necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
In the context of a transaction: We may share your personal information with potential transaction partners, service providers, advisors, and other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell or transfer all or a portion of our assets or business.
The following categories of your personal information may be shared with these parties:
- Financial, medical, or health information;
- Protected characteristics;
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information;
- Professional information;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories.
Information we sell
We may sell the following categories of Personal Information to our marketing partners:
- Protected characteristics;
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information;
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We generally retain your personal information for as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests or to comply with legal obligations.
IMPORTANT PRIVACY RIGHTS AND CHOICES FOR CONSUMERS
This section describes certain rights with respect to your Personal Information, subject to exceptions under applicable law, and how to exercise them.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected or Disclosed and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you upon request:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we sell or share your Personal Information, or disclose it for a business purpose, we will also disclose:
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold or shared; and
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose.
Right to Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and notify our service providers and/or contractors to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. We will also notify all third parties to whom we have sold or shared your Personal Information to delete it to the extent required by law.
Right to Correction
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of the processing of the Personal Information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will use commercially reasonably efforts to correct the inaccurate information.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, Deletion, and Correction Rights
To exercise these rights, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-800-553-5340. You will be asked to provide certain Personal Information when submitting your request including your relationship with us, first and last name, email address, telephone number, and postal address in order for us to determine if your information is in our systems.
We will verify and respond to your request consistent with applicable law. We may need to request additional Personal Information from you in order to protect against fraudulent or spoofed requests. If you want to make a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a consumer, you may use the submission methods noted above. As part of our verification process, we may request that you provide us with the documentation specified under applicable law.
Right to Opt-out of Sales or Sharing of Personal Information, Targeted Advertising, or Certain Profiling
You have the right to direct us to not sell or, beginning January 1, 2023, share (i.e., disclose to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary of other valuable consideration) your Personal Information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We may “sell” or “share” your Personal Information as those terms are defined under applicable laws. We do not “sell” or “share” the Personal Information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may click here: Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.
You also have the right, beginning January 1, 2023 and subject to certain exceptions, to request that we not process your Personal Information for the purposes of targeted advertising or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects. To exercise your right to opt-out of the processing of your Personal Information for these purposes, you (or your authorized representative) may contact us using the contact information contained below.
Right to Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
You have the right to direct that we limit the use of any sensitive Personal Information that we might collect about you to that which is necessary for the purposes specified under applicable law.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will cease using or disclosing your sensitive Personal Information for any purpose other than those permitted by applicable law, unless you later provide consent for the use or disclosure of your sensitive Personal Information for additional purposes.
You (or your authorized representative) may exercise your right to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive Personal Information by clicking here:
Right to Appeal Denials of Individual Rights Requests
You may appeal a refusal to take action on a request to exercise your rights to access your Personal Information, data portability, correction, deletion, and to opt-out of targeted advertising, sales, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Non-Discrimination
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the law that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels.
Opt-Out of Marketing and Promotional Emails
You can also opt-out of such emails by clicking on the following link: Click Here
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Bausch + Lomb respects the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete that information in accordance with applicable laws.
(2) Use of And Access to Services. You, not Bausch + Lomb, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use, and conduct on the Site and in connection with any Services. Any submission of information by you does not guarantee that we will permit you to access and/or use any or all of the features or functions of the Site or any Services.
(3) Confidentiality; Reporting. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any account usernames and/or passwords you may have that are associated with the Site or the Services and for any access to or use of the Services using such account usernames and/or passwords, whether or not authorized by you. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of such account usernames and/or passwords or any other breach of security.
We maintain reasonable technical, physical, administrative, and procedural security precautions to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, interception, or destruction of the information you provide to us. Please note, however, that no such precautions are 100% effective. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us, and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, interception, or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information. Therefore, any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.
We do not and will not send you emails asking you to provide or confirm Personal Information. A technique known as "phishing" attempts to steal personal identity data and financial account credentials from consumers. "Phishers" use "spoofed" emails to lead consumers to sham websites which trick recipients into divulging Personal Information including credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and social security numbers. If you receive such an email communication purporting to be from the Site or in connection with any Services, please forward it immediately to email@example.com and then delete it from your computer.
We reserve the right to deny to any user access and/or use privileges, including without limitation use of any services, features, or functions of one of our sites, if there is a question regarding the identity of the person accessing or attempting to access any services, features, or functions.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
You may be able to link an account from a social networking service (such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn) to an account through our Services. This may allow you to use your credentials from the other site or service to sign in to certain features on our Services. If you link your account from a third-party site or service, these social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services.
We also may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you may be able to use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the U.S. If you are visiting this Site from a country other than the U.S., your Personal Information collected on this Site will be transferred outside of your country. This Site is designed to comply with the laws, rules, and regulations of the U.S. and is not intended to subject us to the laws, rules, or regulations of any jurisdiction other than the U.S.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
U.S. Privacy Office
Bausch + Lomb
400 Somerset Corporate Boulevard
Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807